Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brussels

Parfait at Le Pain Quotidien
Finally, my exams are over until next semester. I thought it was never going to end, but it always does :) My classes start tomorrow again, they leave us no time to rest and relax. That's why a nice trip to Brussels is the best way to disconect and gain strength to start over again.


Our stay was short, but we saw the main attractions: Gran Palace, Manneken Pis, Jeaneke Piss, City Walls, Notre Dame, Belgian Waffles....



Big walks through great palaces and huge parks. Everything was very green, but it was also very cold. I had sure a lot of layers on, just like Shrek ;) We got lots of strength from a huge breakfast buffet and from the original "Le Pain Quotidient". It was founded in Brussels.


And of course, we couldn't leave science out of the trip. We visited Atomium, a gigantic iron atom situated in Laeken Park


Nearby, was also a Chinese Building and a Japanese tower.


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and gained strength for the following week. I think I did, I just read from the guide book I brought with me and strolled  Rue Neuve alor que je tenais la main de J. 


No comments:

Post a Comment